Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 9

August 9

Today was a day of milestones. We crossed into Oregon, the tenth state of our ten state adventure; we saw the Columbia River for the first time; I passed the 2,000 miles pedaled mark, finishing the day with 55 miles for a journey total of 2005 miles. As we left Walla Walla heading west, the winds were steadily from the WSW, no doubt the reason why the hills to the west were littered with hundreds of windmills. I have been told that I will have headwinds the entire journey through the Columbia River Gorge as I approach Portland. No matter, as I have said before, the winds of the Great Plaines prepared me well for the ride across Oregon. We spent the evening in Umatilla, OR on the banks of the Columbia.













Toasting 2,000 miles!






No comments:

Post a Comment