Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Friday, August 20, 2010

August 14

August 14

It wasn’t as hard to get up as I thought it would be. That told me that the wine and vodka were first-rate! Also, I was pumped that this was my next to last riding day. I rode 67 miles to Westport, OR, where Jamye picked me up for the drive into Astoria. It was tough finding a place to stay since there was a sailing regatta over the weekend. We found a place near Fort Stevens. As I pedaled near Rainier, OR, I looked across the Columbia to Longview, WA at a mill that I believe International Paper purchased from Weyerhaeuser back in 2008. As I reflected on my years at IP, it already seemed a distant memory. Soon, this adventure will be a memory as well. I am fortunate that my life is filled with many great memories. I am also thankful that I have the opportunity to create more of them. While at work, the best part of the experience was the people and the opportunity to touch other lives. The same was true of this adventure.
















No comments:

Post a Comment