Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 4

August 4

Today the trail went uphill, a route I took away from the rivers due to poor safety conditions on Hwy 12. I was due for some up hills, and most of the day was on an uphill grade, but I felt pretty strong even though the heat began to wear on me in the afternoon. Most of the day was spent on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation on a high plateau covered with golden wheat fields. Our destination today was Lewiston, ID/Clarkston, WA, cities on opposite sides of the Snake River. Although it should have occurred to me sooner, Lewiston and Clarkston are named after Lewis and Clark (duh…so obvious that I hadn’t thought of it). The cities are not terribly impressive. Jamye and I expected that they would be grander, but they actually are rather beat up looking towns up against dry, brown mountains… but they are on the Snake River, which is nice. Our arrival in Washington State marks the ninth state of our journey.





























No comments:

Post a Comment