Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 3

August 3

More heaven…65 miles of downhill along the Lochsa River and eventually to the intersection of the Lochsa and Selway Rivers at Lowell, ID., which formed the Clearwater River. The Clearwater descends to where it meets the Snake River which leads to our final river destination, the Columbia. About eleven miles from our overnight last night on the river I saw another river access road which was unmarked on Hwy 12. I scouted it out and it was called Dead Mule Flats. This was another potential overnight campsite that I definitely want to remember…secluded, right on the water.























































3 comments:

  1. Dear Larry,

    If you pedal as well as you peddled the Pythagorean theorem back in Lower Mid Geometry, then you will go far. Nice to see you still active and with Jamye by your side. How's your golf?

    All the best from the past,

    Alan Haas
    Math Teacher/Golf "Coach"
    Hotchkiss 62-66

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan,

    Your note was a wonderful, unexpected surprise! I never had the opportunity to thank you for being the best teacher I ever had and for your great friendship during a time of need. Where are you? Please e-mail me at lagates046@yahoo.com.
    All the best.
    Larry
    PS. I played 'customer' golf over the years...never much better than high 80's, low 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your story so much. And the pictures are fantastic!

    I've never traveled outside the U.S. and always thought there is plenty to see here. You two have certainly been proving that!

    Many prayers for your continued safety.

    Patti

    (LH Coffee Shop - Nebraska City, NE)

    ReplyDelete