Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 16 - End of the Lewis and Clark Trail

August 16 – End of the Lewis and Clark Trail

Today began in Clatskanie, OR and finished at the end of the Lewis and Clark Trail in Seaside, OR, 2307 miles and 10 states after the journey’s start in St Charles, MO. It was a day of reflection, excitement and sadness. Throughout the ride today I found myself recalling special moments, places and people. After yesterday’s history review, I was pleased that I had chosen the Lewis and Clark Trail for our bicycle adventure. I feel it connected us in a special way to an important part of our history as Americans. I was excited as I neared the statue of Lewis and Clark on the beach at Seaside, the end of the trail, but also sad that one of the most incredible experiences of my life was coming to a close. I had to be careful not to do too much dreaming as the traffic got crazy on the ride into Astoria and on to Seaside. One last vision of the ride put a smile on my face - the tall grasses along the road were merrily dancing in all directions.














































2 comments:

  1. WOW, what a beautiful and awesome ending to an incredible beginning -- This has been a wonderful ride for me too and an experience in my life that I have shared with the two of you in the most wonderful of ways. I shall never forget this journey and hope to be able to live it over and over again for the next many years with you both! Like you, my emotions are mixed now that your journey has ended but my happiness for your success in completing this adventure is profound and I am so very proud to say that my brother and his wife have biked the Lewis and Clark Trail! HIYO SILVER AWAY!! I love you Beaner, I love you Larry, your Sis xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry! Can't believe y'all are done. Wow. What a summer! Just ran into your old friend Gordy Rawles at church this morning. I forwarded him your blog. (We met you at the pub in Glacier National Park on June 25th). I've told SO many people of your adventure. Congratulations! Kim Glenn

    ReplyDelete