Hiyo Silver, Away!

Hiyo Silver, Away!

Friday, August 20, 2010

August 12

August 12

I started the day on a bikes-only trail east of Cascade Locks with the Columbia in view, about 300 ft below. I picked up the Historic Columbia River Highway (hwy 30) at the end of the bike trail and had a beautiful ride, stopping to see several waterfalls along the way. Jamye and I had lunch at Vista House, with a tremendous view up the Columbia. After a few climbs, I coasted downhill into Troutdale, where I picked up another bike path adjacent to the Columbia. I rode into Portland near the airport and we pulled in for the next two nights at an RV park on Marine Drive. After getting cleaned up, my good friend Matt Kelly, a fellow UVA grad and former IP coworker, picked us up for what would be a wonderful evening together with his friend Callie. We had dinner near Corbett, OR at a charming place called The View Point Inn. We saw a beautiful sunset and a moon set and had amazing views of the Columbia River Gorge and the city lights of Portland and Vancouver. It was a splendid evening with fine food and great company!


























Larry and Matt Kelly

Callie and Matt


Matt, Larry and Callie at View Point Inn




No comments:

Post a Comment